1. Timber is very versatile and can be used for a vast amount of applications from architraves to cladding to gazebos.
2. All wood is biodegradable.
3. Timber is a natural insulator and is five times better than concrete.
4. Timber is a sustainable resource and is renewable.
5. A timber building will last as long as a brick building.
6. The terms softwood and hardwood describe the leaves, seeds and structure of the tree rather than the type of timber they produce.
7. Only 12% of the UK is woodland. In comparison other European countries have around 44% woodland areas on average.
8. Timber is brilliant for construction but is also commonly used for many types of sports and leisure equipment.
9. Using timber in construction can actually remove carbon from the atmosphere. Trees absorb carbon very rapidly while they are growing and absorb less as they age.
10. It can take up to 30 years for a tree to reach full size.
Timbersource offer a no minimum order policy, allowing you to order as little or as much as you like. To save you valuable time, effort and resources Timbersource can do your machining for you! We offer an array of machining capabilities: from plaining and moulding to sawing and shaping.
Timbersource offer nationwide delivery to most of mainland UK, or alternatively customers are welcome to collect their orders from our premises. This gives you the chance to hand select your timber, meet the team and friendly staff, ask any questions and view our products and services.
We have one of the most comprehensive stocks of timber in the UK ranging from Teak to Oak Wood.