Cut to Order Timber Moulding
Timber moulding or profiling, refers to the lengths of wood which are made to cover transitional spaces between two surfaces. Timber mouldings provide a cleaner, more finished look, while also protecting the join from dust and dirt. Traditionally, they are relatively plain, however we can also create more detailed mouldings using moulded strips which are shaped with contours for decorative purposes.
There are a large variety of existing profiles which Timbersource can use for your timber moulding. These include:
- Cavetto: A distinctly concave profile which approximates a quarter of a circle.
- Ovolo: In many ways the opposite of cavetto, the ovolo profile projects outwards in a quarter circle shape.
- Cyma: A profile of double curvature, cyma mouldings are convex at the top and concave at the bottom.
- Bead: A narrow, half-round convex moulding.
- Chamfer: A bevelled edge used to connect two adjacent surfaces.
- Torus: A convex, semi-circular moulding.
In addition to these popular profiles, at Timbersource, we can accommodate orders for bespoke mouldings. We are able to make custom timber moulding to your exact specifications, or replicate the appearance of existing timber moulding. Each order is crafted by our skilled team of machinists and will be ready for same day collection / next day delivery, at very competitive prices.
Take a look at the timber species available as cut to order moulding:
(click on the links below to view more information about each specie):
|Western Red Cedar||Larch|
To contact us click HERE